I’ve been an editor for over 20 years with experience working on a range of publications including academic texts, annual reports, brochures, how-to guides, technical documents, courses, grant applications and funding guidelines, marketing materials and newsletters.
I’ve also had experience in digital communications including website management, content management systems, book strategies, e-newsletters, blogging, social media and Facebook ads.
I’m particularly passionate about helping writers and those hoping to be writers. I have experience with manuscript assessment, copy editing, structural editing and proofreading, and have plenty of publisher contacts.
I can do communications campaigns for new books and author branding including social media strategy, and help with the design and content of author websites.
I have worked on novels, short stories, memoir, creative nonfiction and poetry for authors including Alice Nelson. I have a PhD in Creative Writing and was a judge for the 2013 Sydney Morning Herald Young Novelist of the Year.
- commissioning editor of Newswrite, the Writing NSW magazine for emerging and established writers
- commissioning editor of Australian Author for the Australian Society of Authors
- editor, Talking Writing, an ebook for Writing NSW
- assistant editor at RealTime arts journal, and commissioning editor for their film and digital media section, OnScreen
- editorial and web manager at the Australian Film Commission (now Screen Australia)
- web manager at Sydney Film Festival
- assistant editor at Sydney University’s Power Publications where I copyedited two books on visual arts: Images of the Pacific Rim – Australia and California 1850-1935 and Asian Modernities – Chinese and Thai Art Compared, 1980 to 1999 (awarded the prestigious Art Association of Australia and New Zealand’s Best Book Prize) along with publishing management of A Singular Voice – Essays on Australian Art and Architecture and The Illusion of Life II – More Essays on Animation
- transcript editor for Australian Biography Online
- copy editor on the book of dynamic emerging Australian writers, Penguin Plays Rough Book of Short Stories
- structural editing advice on Karen Andrews’ book Crying in the Car: Reflections on life and motherhood
- copy and structural editor on university research papers.
- copy editor for mETAphor, the English Teachers’ Association of NSW journal
CLIENTS AND PROJECTS.
- Art Almanac: magazine
- Australian Biography Online: interview transcripts
- Australian Film Commission (now Screen Australia): all communications materials including guides for filmmakers, annual reports, advertisements, funding guidelines, events calendars, website content and management, email newsletters, marketing materials, handouts
- Australian Society of Authors: Australian Author magazine
- CREATE Australia: training materials
- English Teachers’ Association of NSW: mETAphor journal
- Ether Multimedia: The Pure Drop website, Australian Screen Online website
- FilmView Services: website
- IF Magazine: events calendar
- MINTRAC: training materials
- Mysteries of Spice: menus
- National Assessors’ Workplace Training Board: training materials
- Power Publications: copy editor on two books, annual reports, editorial assistance on a range of publications
- RealTime: bi-monthly journal, website, special editions, Australia Council guides, souvenir program for Adelaide Festival
- Sommerson Project Management: training materials
- Sydney Film Festival: website, email newsletter, promotional catalogue
- THINK Education: course guides and content (digital portraiture; design software; illustration)
- Writing NSW: Newswrite magazine